When looking for a career, most people search for a business that fits their lifestyle, values, and culture. At Gustave A. Larson, our mission, commitment to quality, and our Larson Values are our roadmap to success, and to hiring the best of the best. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude.
WORKING AT LARSON
- Family owned since 1936
- 450+ team members
- 50 locations serving customers in 20 Midwest, Plains and Mountain states
- State of the Company quarterly meetings
- Employee discount
- Three distinct “Uniques” that separate us from our competitors
- Wellness programs
- Paid volunteer hours
- Growing industry
- Placed on Wisconsin 75 by Deloitte 17 years in a row
- Employee recognition program (GUS Awards)
- Employee referral program
- Constant professional development
We are proud to say our 450 team members are our greatest asset -- from our field sales team to our corporate support team. Our people are the most professional and service-oriented in the industry, and provide solutions to our customer’s needs with genuine, enthusiastic service.
The Larson Company offers a wide array of benefits, including:
- Medical plan with a Company-sponsored health reimbursement account
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependant care Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO – Increases with your years of service
- Paid Volunteer hours
- Holiday Pay
- 401k Plan and Employer Match
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Spouse and Child Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
OUR THREE UNIQUES
What makes the Larson Company different to work for and work with compared with other wholesale HVAC/R companies?
SETTING A NEW STANDARD
Larson employees are vital to our overall success. To ensure our employees feel this way, and to distinguish exceptional work ethic, we recognize our outstanding employees with GUS Awards (Giving Unbelievable Service). GUS Awards are given to employees by employees when someone is doing exceptional work and living our Larson values inside and out.
MAKING IT EASY
Larson provides an extensive network of internal trainings and professional development opportunities including a personalized year-long on-boarding plan and continuous HVAC/R, customer experience, leadership and software trainings through Larson University
FOR US, IT’S PERSONAL
Larson family values have driven us to put our customers first in everything we do for more than 80 years. Across our entire organization, at every location, our commitment is rooted in a foundation of integrity, trust and building relationships. We push ourselves to go further to put you in the best position to succeed. For us, it’s not just business – it’s personal.
INVOLVEMENT IN THE COMMUNITY
At Larson, one of the most important parts of our values is giving back to the communities we are a part of. We work with companies such as United Way, support local food banks, and GPS.
Volunteer Mission Statement
The Gustave A. Larson Company encourages community awareness and believes that when it invests volunteer and financial resources in our neighborhoods, positive partnerships result which improves the quality of life and make communities better places in which to live, work and play.
HVACR Volunteer Program
The Company will provide an opportunity for employees to participate in volunteer activities during normal business hours, up to 16 hours/year, up to 8 hours in a day. These hours will be paid at the employee’s normal rate of pay.
Goals of the Program
- Contribute to the vitality of the community by becoming actively involved in community service
- Provide a structure where employees participate in community service projects and take an active approach to help solve social issues
- Promote company pride and teamwork among employees while developing their skills and talents
- Improve the quality of life in our communities and neighborhoods and make a positive impact in those communities.