Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains and Mountain States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude.
Who We Are
- 400+ team members who serve our customers in 16 Midwest, Plains and Mountain states through our 50+ locations
- Provide industry-leading customer service levels supported with substantial inventory throughout our network of distribution centers and branches
- Represent products from over 450 different top industry manufacturers in the areas of commercial refrigeration, residential and commercial HVAC, food service, and pressure/temperature controls
- Over 40,000 SKUs in stock – We have the ability to serve all your HVAC/R needs, even getting those hard-to-find items!
Our 3 Uniques
These three unique statements help drive who we are and what we do here at the Larson Company. They are our roadmap for how we want to do business, both with our vendors and with our customers. At the end of the day, we are here to help our customers succeed.
Making it Easy: We strive to make doing business with us as easy as possible. From our online ordering site GoHVACR.com to how our branches are set up and run, our goal is to streamline the buying process and sell to our customers the way they prefer.
Setting a New Standard: We constantly push to be industry experts and set the standard for how things are done both internally with our employees, and externally with our customers and dealers. We are constantly looking into to the future!
For Us, It’s Personal: Here at the Larson Company, we are a family, and that includes our customers. The interpersonal relationships are so important – caring for our customers and the relationships that we have with them.
A dedicated team
We are proud to say our team members are our greatest asset -- from our field sales team to our corporate support team. Our people are the most professional and service-oriented in the industry, and provide solutions to our customer’s needs with genuine, enthusiastic service. Check out our Sales and Support Staff page to learn more about the team we have available to help you!
Fully equipped for your needs
Each of our conveniently located branches carries an extensive inventory of equipment, control, supplies and replacement parts to serve our local customers’ needs. Combined with our in-house truck fleet and our real-time inventory management system, we replenish inventory to each branch frequently.
Streamlined online system
The Larson Company’s easy-to-use online ordering site, GoHVACR.com, makes it easy for our customers to order what they need when it is convenient for them. Customers can access Account Statements, Backorders, Order History, and view their Pricing and Local item availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. GoHVACR.com offers many additional time-saving features with access pay invoices online, create Lists and view Top 100 items for quick, repeat orders.
Training & leadership
Our commitment doesn’t stop there. Each of our locations offers educational training classes in the spring and fall each year, touching on topics ranging from troubleshooting service issues to teaching our customers how to improve selling skills, profitability, and industry expertise.
- Allied Presidents Club 2012 3rd Year Member
- Mitsubishi 2013 Quota Buster
- HARDI 2016 Advocacy Pillar Champion
- IR 2016 Top Gold Tier Distributor of the Year
- Allied 2016 President’s Club Winner
- Milwaukee Business Journal 2017 Fastest Growing Firms
- Sporlan 2017 Heritage Award
- BMOP 2017 Rock Star Award
- Top 10 Businesses of the Year 2014 (Waukesha County Business Alliance/Biztimes Media)
- Trane Pinnacle Parts Achievement
- Trane/IR 2018 Pacesetter IWD Group 2 1st Place
- Allied 2018 Presidents Club Winner
- Mitsubishi 2018 Crowning Achievement Award
- Sporlan 2018 Heritage Award
- Deloitte Wisconsin 75 (17 years running)
- American Standard Pinnacle Award: 2021
- Trane Pacesetter Award: 1995, 1997, 2010, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
Our founder, Gus Larson, emigrated alone at the age of 16 from his home in Gothenburg, Sweden in the early 1900s. While working as a refrigeration mechanic in Chicago, he saw the need for local refrigeration parts depots. He founded the Gustave A. Larson Company as a refrigeration parts jobber in 1936 at a small storefront in Madison, Wisconsin.
As the company and Gus’s passion to influence the industry flourished, he quickly opened up branches throughout the state of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay, Wausau, and Eau Claire, as well as Rockford, Illinois. By the early 1960s, he was operating 20 locations in Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Florida.
Even though the business has gone through many changes since the 1960’s, the Larson Company is still family owned and operated, and has grown to be the Midwest’s leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts and supplies.
Our LARSON Values
Our Core LARSON Values are the fundamental building blocks that form and shape our culture. They are the critical success factors that help us to achieve Our Vision and Our Mission. Each one of us is empowered to act as the guardian of our Core Values in each department and branch.
- Continuously Improves.
- Personal Development.
- Delights Customer.
- Makes it Easy.
- Team Player.
- Uses Good Judgment.